Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is Server 2003? XP Server or an improved 2000? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtweaks

ISP
Jan 21, 2001
GB
Has any one used this and is it an improvement or XP highbred? :)

improvement

and it has a built in pop3 server ! wooha!

//Bart

2003 is the .Net platform that has been renamed for marketing purposes.

You will find it neccessary if you migrate to Windows 2003. Exchange 2000 will not be supported on Windows 2003 platform, only Exchange 2003. I'm not sure if Exchange 2003 will run on Windows 2000.

Pretty much, your company's need to move to Windows 2003 will drive whether or not you will move to Exchange 2003.

Anyone know the official release date of Exchange 2003?

Thanks!

jefblack....

History repeating itself time and time again....

wonder when people companies will just say
no thanks

jefblack, Exchange 2003 can run on Win2000.
I am going to the Launch on the 24th, full day, I can't wait.
I received the full 2003 range of product to play with, so I am eager to get started.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Yeah, I went to the launch as well, on May 1st in Phoenix. Very cool. Already had the Exchange 2003 Trial pack with Server 2003 and Office 11. I have put it all up and connected to the outside world with it. Pretty nice stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back