Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Resource (Mtg Rm) AutoAccept process fully dependant on Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2001
US
I'm trying to setup meeting rooms as a resource in Exchange. It seems that this automated process is dependant on an Outlook client always being open and processing and replying to these requests. Can't Exchange server do this on its own? Have I missed something in the configuration?
If you always do, what you always did
You'll always get, what you always got!!​
[tt]Be a lateral thinker! Think outside the box[/tt]

I set up conference rooms on our Exchange server and they respond automatically without having to have an Outlook session running. I created the conference rooms as if they were normal users then assigned it to our administrative assistant with our office manager as a delegate so they could manually handle scheduling conflicts. I think the key to automating responses to persons who schedule the conference room is to check the box on the Delegate tab that says "Send meeting requests and responses only to my delegates, not to me". I also have it set on the individual delegates, under Calendar, that "Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me". Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back