Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is possible add/remove skills from an agent with TSAPI??

Status
Not open for further replies.

diembi

Programmer
Sep 22, 2001
ES
Hello,
Is possible add/remove skills from an agent using TSAPI?
I use cstaSetAgentState for log in/log out huntgroups but in my PBX when one agent log in to one huntgroup he is logged in all of his huntgroups. I need individual log in.

Thanks!!
Dani.

No, skills are an AVAYA EAS parameter and at the moment there are no facilities in CSTA to modify the routing parameters for skills-based routing. The functions currently available control the State of the agent's set.

If you wish to have the ability to log agents in to a specific ACD queue then the switch you're using must be configured for non-EAS and splits built into which the agents can be logged.

No, skills are an AVAYA EAS parameter and at the moment there are no facilities in CSTA to modify the routing parameters for skills-based routing. The functions currently available control the State of the agent's set but not the algorithm that controls call routing.

If you wish to have the ability to log agents in to a specific ACD queue then the switch you're using must be configured for non-EAS and splits built into which the agents can be logged.

It's me again :)

I'm repeating myself, but you haven't told us what you want to accompish with your app. You said the app is working, but what does it do? Why do you want to log into different skills dynamically? Like we say here (Netherlands): there are many roads to Rome, so if one is blocked, we can take another one..

One very dirty solution (if it's only 1 agent with 3 skills) is to program 7 different login-id's, and log in with different id's depending on wich skill(s) you want to be in. If you need more agents or skills however, the number of login-id's used grows exponentially (and the customer has to pay for them).

Cheers,
Nico

Hello,
I need that an agent can be logged into one, two, ... depending the hour.

Do you understand??

Dani.

Yes, I understand WHAT you want to do, but not WHY you want to do it. Why does the agent have to log in to skill 1, and after an hour in skill 2 etc. What does your application do, apart from logging agents into skills?
And also how much agents/skills are we talking about?

Apperently, what you want to do is not possible with your switch setup (EAS), so we have to find alternatives, wich will be easier if we know what/why you want to do.

Cheers,
Nico

Ok,
The CTI provide services (example: phone number 933 322 111 is help service, 932 322 111 is urgent service, 931 322 111 is general information service. Every service is asociated to a huntgroup, and the agents can be logged in dependenig of the time. I need multicontrol in log in.
Do you understand now??

Thanks Nico. :)

Is this for an IVR? Can you show the vector from Definity?

Maybe you can do this:

In your vector (script in Definity for call-routing), you make a query (adjunct route) to your app, wich depending on the time (I assume the times aren't static, or you would be able to do it in vector as well), returns true or false. On false you do whatever you want to do, and on true you route the call to an agent.

All your agents will be logged in all skills at any time, only you determine to wich skill to call is routed.

Example (I'm doing this by head, so there might be syntax errors):

1 wait 2 sec hearing ringback
2 adjunct routing link 1234 passing ANI etc (what you need)
3 wait 6 sec hearing ringback (this is the time your app has, to come with a route or else step 4 is executed)
4 queue to skill 1 pri m (if true, else you've routed the call somewhere else with CTI)
5 wait 30 sec hearing music or whatever
etcetera

This way the call will go to the same agent, but through different skills depending on the time (and maybe other variable's your app can check). So you make three (or how many you need) vectors, and three skills, the agent is logged in in all skills, and your application decides through which VDN/Skill the call ends up with that agent (and what information is passed along with it).

If it's for an IVR, you can also use the feature AAS (Auto Available Agent). This is a feature that automatically logs an agent in on a given extension (mostly a line that goes into the IVR), and is always available (except when on a call, or disabled by the IVR etc.) This way you don't have to bother logging agents in or out (they all have the same skills anyway).

Hope this gives you some ideas, it's hard to understand what you're doing since you're not giving away too much info you know...

Cheers,
Nico

Ok, that's good but the time is selected by the agent. Is the agent who decides when log in the huntgroup.

Thanks Nico.

Dani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back