Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Pay-Pal a good solutuion for Shopping Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizza

Programmer
Jul 16, 2002
US
I have a client who wants to sell a small amount of items on-line. (Less than 100 a month) He would of course need me to build his whole site and would like it done as cheap as possible...

Is Pay-Pal a good solution for a shopping cart. The client is currently just putting items up on e-bay and using pay-pal that way.

Any info will be greatfully appreciated..

Thanks,

Rizza

PayPal is a perfectly good solution. It's helpful to know that there are a couple of options when it comes to PayPal integration. First, there is the Paypal "single item" purchase, where each product has a "Buy Me Now" type button next to it. There is no cart. If you click the button, you are transferred to PayPal's site to purchase just that one item. The other option is the PayPal shopping cart. In this instance, each product has an "Add to Cart" button next to it, and clicking that button launches a "console" type browser window (a mini window) that serves as the PayPal cart. When you are ready to checkout, then you are taken to the PayPal site to finalize.

Hope this helps!

John Hoarty
jhoarty@quickestore.com

Hello,

I was thinking about using Paypal for one of my future
project, but I found out that the payment interface is
only in English even when you open an international
account.
It means that people from Japan who can't read english
would have difficulties to order items through Paypal.
What is so hard to translate this single page in multiple
languages?

Have a good day!

Hi, I'd like to kinow the difference between paypal and payment gateway, wich one you have to install on your sytem, what parameters each one needs, stuff like that. Thanks, Manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back