Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Office 2000 fully Compatable with XP? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

denzilla

Technical User
Sep 24, 2002
US
I am getting a copy of office 2000 from work to use at home. Problem is that I am running Windows XP and most of the computers at work run 98. Will Office 2000 run okay on an XP machine? Thanks for your help.

Works just fine on my WinXP Pro and Win98SE.

I've got both office 2000 primium & ms works 2002 on my xp pro system & both work just fine, dispite a few still unfixed ms bugs in word it's self.

As far as fonts go sometimes when i copy & paste into ms word it'll keep the style of font that the pasted text had there after but I just go and manually change it back to whichever font I want to use.

& nope ms works 2002 no longer uses word perfect as it's word processor it uses word 2000 of softs I say of sorts because it don't always work like word nor act like word 2k i.e. they changed it before they inserted it into works 2002, although I've got WP I do not have it loaded doubt I ever will again because once you learn ms word it seems to basic at least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back