Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is ODBC still an answer? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serenity182

Programmer
May 25, 2016
NZ
Hi,

I am wanting to read, create and write ms excel 365/2013 version files on a Windows 7 computer.

Using either a VB.net(ideally) or C# app. is ODBC still a valid option?

Can you please recommend how I can achieve the above and give source code samples or links and/pr simple instructions for a person with basic programming knowledge to follow.

Many thanks!

HI,

Welcome to Tek-Tips. Take some time to browse in various forums that interest you. You can find a wealth of really helpful information is you search wisely.

I notice that you have assigned yourself a Programmer, yet you asked for, "simple instructions for a person with basic programming knowledge to follow", so that really puzzles me. We would assume that someone who is a programmer would already have some basic skills in this area. A brief search will confirm that code is often supplied. But for a programmer quite often logic or pseudo code is given that the programmer can then use to construct code in any other language.

You want to work in Excel files using VB.net or c#, yet you posted in an Access forum that has nothing to do with Excel, .net or c#.

So with all these confusing signals, it is difficult to guide you in any way.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back