Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is NRU - Norstar Remote Utilities - Still Available for Download Somewhere? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortel4Ever

Vendor
Nov 1, 2011
CA
I have a job today for a 911 service where I need to back up their current MICS and restore the programming to another MICS that can be quickly installed if the first one fails. Does anyone know if NRU is available anywhere. I just checked Avaya Support / Nortel and the downloads tab does not have it. I need NRU 11 as the MICS software is 7.1

Please try the link below

ftp://Norstar_NRU_Software:Norstar_NRU_Software@somertel.ddns.net

The zip file you need is around 84 Megs called "NRU 11_0 Complete Pkge.zip"

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I was able to get the download but unfortunately NRU 11 is not compatible with Win 10 and it wouldn't install.

Are you running 32 or 64 bit?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I'm 64 bit, so I'll try that when I'm back at work after the New year. Thanks Curly

I think you might only have success with 32 BIT.

I currently have Windows 10 64 bit
Virtual Machine (Oracle VirtualBox) installed with Windows 7 32 bit loaded on it and NRU loaded on the Win 7.
You must right click Norstar ICS Customer Info shortcut (or file) and run as Administrator or else you will get "cannot connect to database" and hangs.

I have not tested the modem as I do not have one yet, still
I use my spare laptop/xp on desk).

If you do go with the Virtual method and and it works please let me know which modem you did get.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back