Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is my Merlin Messaging bad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonmancps

Vendor
Jun 1, 2002
US
My customer got this magix 3.0 v7.0 with expansion cab. After installing it everything works except the Merlin Messaging w/6 port card in slot 7. I've got all green lights but when I try to access it...no go. When I did a demand test this is the message that came back.
Internal loopback test: DSE1 Failed
03 03 03 03 02 02 03 03
03 03 03 03 03 03 03 03
and for the Board Controler Test:
"Dual Port Ram Failure"
If anybody has any info about this please let me know. I'm thinking it got damaged in shipping possible

The test you describe is totally meaningless for the messaging module. Does the messaging module show in inventory? Has anyone done a board renumber since it was installed? How did you try to access it? Is the module set up (i.e., a intergrated mail group setup, ports rotary enabled, a ccover group set up for the extensions to be covered by VM)? You can't just stick it in and expect it to something.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Can't tell you yet, I just got on the scene. The IT guy came with the sys. and set it up. I set up the PRI and exts. and just started looking at the VM. I think they were expecting it be working as soon as it was turned on since it was put together just like it was set up at the old site. But thanks for your input

Do a board renumber as a first step. Then you have a choice - use the voice mail autoconfigure option or setup the voicemail from scratch manually - meaning the steps outlined above. The details are in the manual - available in PDF download from the Avaya website. After the module is correctly set up - if you cannot access the module - perhaps there is a problem with it. But, let us know what happens after the first two steps.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back