Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is my Clarion 6 app fully network compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinLegs

Programmer
Jan 14, 2003
NZ
I often get asked if my program can be used across a network.

My program is compiled (Local) with C6.1 - Legacy using the default global File Control settings ie. File Access > Open Mode is set to 'Share'.

I use the TPS driver for the programs data files.

It is my understanding that network compatibility is built in and that the data files are shared and protected across a network however I can not seem to find any documentation that explains or confirms this.

Can anyone clarify this for me or point me to the help section that explains this. Thank you.

Hi!

If you specify tables to be opened in SHARED mode in Global Properties -> File Control, you can open multiple copies of the application accessing the database on the same computer or from different computers on the network. You could also keep the data/program on a shared folder in a network server and access it on workstations in the network.

The most important thing to take care when you have TPS files open by multiple users on a network is to make sure that OpLocks & Write Caching is disabled on the Server & Workstation otherwise you will have corruptions.

Read more at
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back