Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Mitel cutting too many corners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmany

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2007
CA
I am getting a little worried with the quality of software, hardware and support we have been seeing from Mitel lately. Examples are the number of patches for even basic features on the software (version 8 being pulled with sip and upgrade problems), an increase of hardware that is DOA or replacement parts that look like someone else sent them in (on box still had the sticker from the last place it was at, along with a good layer of dust). Lastly the hold time when you can support is getting extremely high.

Has anyone else been noticing this, or is it just me?

- I spent less then one minute on PS queue today.
- Everything we've received in the last two months was produced in June or after, of this year.
- Patches, nothing new, but try Cisco, they require 6 months to provide a patch.

I'll stick with Me-Tel.

We have 100+ sites running 3300s (7.1) with only some minor issues. Sure, there are some annoying patches. It seems pretty par for the course. I haven't ran into anything out of the ordinary. Every software maker I've experienced has given me patches for strange problems.

I haven't had any problems with the support. I'm kind of psyched on 8.0 actually. It's supposed to make managing large numbers of them easier.

-M

We've recently installed a large number of sites with 3300ICP's. Overall we've seen good reliability, but we have repeatedly seen a number of DOA 5330 handsets, E1 cards, BRI cards - though all appear to be recently manufactured and in visibly perfect physical condition.

They get more right than they get wrong.

I hate having to prove issues to them but par for the course.

An old adage, it's hard to trip when you're standing still.

Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.

I hate having to prove issues to them but par for the course."

eh-men!

If you think Mitel are bad try working with Avaya on IP Office, software riddled with bugs, no direct line to Avaya and you will ne lucky to get a call the same day from the third party tech support!

Thanks for the perspective, woody. Everyone has bugs in software, things break, etc. The world is an imperfect place. The difference is how you handle the problems, and in that respect, at least Mitel follows up and fixes what needs fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back