Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is javascript input from external sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamhen

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
AU
I am having a problem with accessing web pages that require javascript information before I login.This information must have been on my computer for I never had this difficulty until a few days ago.Now when I logon to any of these I get a message: "page error".
Can anyone please tell me what is wrong and what can I do to put it right.

jamhen

jamhen
please don't take this the wrong way but your question gives all of us absolutely nothing to go by. It doesn't even say anything to if this is a javascript error or not. javascript information doesn't really make much sense to me. what information?

typically when you ask a question there are two things we need to actually try and help out

some code that is in question or giving a erro

a detailed exaplanation of what is happening

if you adjust your questioning to this manner and always in this manner then you will indeed get some great help from Tek-Tips.

[sup] [/sub]

JAMHEN

ONPNT
I am sorry that my request was poorly expressed. I hope that the following will be more informative.

I am using WIN98SE with IE6SPi and until a few days ago I
was experiencing no troubles with logging on to my three separate bank, internet banking account. I would open the home page of a particular bank and point to logon. A message: " Shortcut to javascript.setLogin[1]" appeared. I then clicked on the logon icon and immediately the above message was replaced by "Error on page".I now cannot access my accounts through the internet. I did a search for the shortcut referred to with no result. I assumed the bank had on my initial registration installed a cookie and an applet on my computer somewhere.

I confess that I have no working knowledge of javascript so I do not know how to handle this problem or express it any differently.I would appreciate any help.

jamhen

jamhen,

sounds like you need to contact your bank's customer service department. btw - what bank?

=========================================================
while (!succeed) try();
-jeff

Thanks to those who responded to my request, The problem was self created. I found that a popup stopper program that I installed was performing at it's best on my financial accounts, but didn't do much against thos annoying popups on newspapers. I uninstalled it and bingo everything is back to normal. Lesson learnt!!

REGARDS,
jamhen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back