Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is it too late for PalmPilot sync? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyprete

Technical User
May 26, 2009
US
in the FAQ 807 I found the following, with Sidekick listed as one of the affected applications:

"TrueSync Plus 3.1 no longer supports the following applications and devices. If you upgrade to TrueSync Plus 3.1 you will lose the ability to synchronize with these applications and devices."

I have a PalmPilot IIIxe. I think it came with 3.1, And it synced fine with Sidekick 98, at least for a while. I can't remember why I stopped using it, but when I tried to resume, it would not work. The tech guy who works on my computer, without telling me first, downloaded the new version of the PalmPilot, 4.1. But it will not sync, neither with Sidekick nor with Palm Desktop (which he also downloaded). It was only after all this was done that I discovered the FAQ that I cited above.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do to get the Pilot and Sidekick cooperating again? It has become a necessity because I am now juggling numerous doctor and therapy appointments.

I appreciate any help.

Dear tonyprete,

Have you tried out the advice in:
faq807-2599

I mention that just in case...

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back