Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it safe to run "Start Virus Sweep" on server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosee

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2001
US
Hi, We have NAV v8.0 running on Windows 2000 SB server. It has been configured to run Anti-Virus check once a week on user workstaions.

This time, because of "W32.NovargA@mm" virus, I am planning to run "Virus Sweep" on the sever. Since I have never run "Virus Sweep" before, I don't know if it is safe to run it on the server.

Any pros or cons? If you have any information, or you know any web site where I can find more information, please share with me. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I ran the virus sweep on all systems in all of our domains yesterday morning because of the worm. No issues when I did it.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

the only thing that I know about that is the process that does the real time scanning is the one that is responsible for the sweep scan. It looks like it's chewing up a very large amount of the cpu on the client, but the priority is set to low by default, that way it shouldn't affect any client cpu requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back