Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to send the PAI from Avaya Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohdvr

Systems Engineer
Sep 30, 2018
QA
Hi,

I have configured Avaya as SIP extension in Alcatel PABX and I don’t have any SIP trunk

But while receiving the call to SIP the caller name & number showing But while making outgoing call only number is showing

If I compare Sip trace between two cases in working P-asserted identity is there but in working scenario P-asserted identity how to check Avaya to set the PAI in from header

Use Google my friend, this is a simple SIP setup issue where there are tons of sites with information about it.

PAI wouldn't be there from the phone on outgoing call since it's the Alcatel that should set the CLI.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi,

I checked from Alcatel side ther is no issue only Avaya have to send the PAI while getting alert

But Avaya is sending the PAI while making the outbound call from it .
Any suggestions further what I can do pls

A SIP call INVITE contains a destination adress, a contact number and a contact name, these are used to route the call to a given destination while presenting the SIP contact number and contact name. If one of the contsct data is not presented then it is the intermediate systems to look at OR you misconfigured the phone.
Did you solve this:or this:Posting on multiple forums tells me you are or desperate or you have no idea what you are talking about, in one thread you mention Alcatel and in another Cisco.
Throw away both and buy a decent Avaya system then all you problems are solved.

If you can you help me otherwise leave it pls

mohdvr

Perhaps update/respond to replies to your threads instead of telling pro's (whom have tried to help you) to leave.
If you cannot do that then maybe it is you that needs to leave.

Kapeesh?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

You also managed to totally confuse me on what I'm supposed to answer.
First you say it isn't working on outgoing calls and in next post you say it is sending PAI on outbound.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi,

Really apologize it’s my mistake I have told wrong only if I make outbound calls name and number appearing in Avaya Phone

But while it receives call it’s not showing name only number

Kindly help me on this

Thank you all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back