Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to search for unresolved image links?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo2112

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I would like to be able to run a search on a HTML file to show a list of unresolved links to images within. The images will be held locally (but in a different directory).

Any help will be much appreciated!

Jimbo

Try Googling for Xenu Link Slueth. That should help you.

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

If you use Safari you can view the activity window. This will show you missing assets (html, css, js as well as images etc).

Given Safari is available for MacOSX as well as Windows, this would be an ideal workaround.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Blog [!]@[/!] CodeRambler
[/tt]

Make sure your web page and css validates properly against the doctype you have chosen - before you attempt to debug a problem!

FAQ216-6094

Actually, I think you can do that with Firefox too. I think it's part of the Web Developer toolbar plugin.

Information->Page Information->Media will show you a list of all media linked to in the page.

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Chaps,

I am using the Xenu software and it is marvelous! Thanks for the link and the advice.

Cheers

Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back