Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to rank items??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITCPhil

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
CA
Hello, (CR10 - Oracle & Sybase 12)

I was requested to do a report which ranks our agents in terms of numbers of some tasks performed. they do not want to see the actual numbers of tasks but just the ranks. I have to rank them based on different sources (Oracle and Sybase) but Crystal does not appear to have a built in rank function except for the Olap one which I do not use.

It would look like :
WebRank MailRank NRTRank LoginTimeRank
Name1 1 5 9 2
Name2 18 3 12 20
Name3 7 15 2 4
Name4

And so forth where the number in each column would show their rank compared to the other members.

The report is group on their names and the actual numbers are just sums of numbers or seconds. Is there a way to convert this in a rank compared to the total number of items in the group??

(I know I could modify the group to show a number in it which would essentially be a rank but I'd need a report for each of the tasks which I would rather not do if possible).

Thank you,
Phil

Thank you, I will attempt your solution from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back