Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to merge catalogs? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewfr

MIS
May 22, 2003
GB
The setup we have is a Windows 2000 server controling an L20 robot with Netbackup 4.5GA. This backs up our main Novell network and some Windows servers as well. We have a duplicate Windows server ready to conect in the event that there is a problem with the other one.

That event happened while I was on holiday unfortunately. A colleague connected the duplicate server and eventually got it doing the backups okay. The problem is that the Catalog backs up to C:\CATBAK on the server. I managed to get the files off the hard disk - 10GB in total - but now I don't know how to merge the catalogs with the operational server. Due to me being away there are two weeks of backups on the current server.

Is there any way that I can do this please?

Andrew.

Thanks for the reply.

I will copy the CATBAK folder to the operational server and rename the folder on that one so that I can access those covering the two week period if I have to.

Thanks again. :)

Okay, that doesn't work!!! When I copied the CATBAK folder back to the active server it had 10GB of files in it. I did a catalog backup job and it has overwritten all the files in there so there is just over 2GB of dfata in there. What's happened to it all?

Is there anyway that I can get the old catalogs into the replacement server?

Andrew.

bpimport :-(

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

There used to be a Technical Document titled "Recovery without Import" (Document ID: 266673) which told you how to use part of the catalog to perform a restore. I have tried it and used it successfully with NBU Enterprise 5.1 MP4, but as always YMMV.

Thanks for that info. :) The document isn't available on the Veritas site anymore unfortunately, but I did find a forum thread which Bob Stump (Stumpr?) wrote back in 2003 which has some instructions I will look into.

Thanks again

Andrew.

Thanks very much Bob. I will give this a try.

Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back