Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to make incremental backup of RAID 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilntruong

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2003
US
I've been using a program call Acronis Image server Backup to make incremental back up of my servers hard drive. This program allows me to mount and browse through the image as though it was an attached drive.

My question is can I make incremental backups of a RAID 5? I am pretty sure the answer is no for this program. Does anyone know if Veritas, or any other company, have a program that can make incremental backups of a RAID 5?

I would think the raid 5 is just a volume to acronis and backup changed or modified file. Veritas is just the same. You have a raid 5 configured and whatever windows see Veritas will see.

if that's the case then I would think Symantec Ghost would also be able to do incremental backup on a RAID 5, but on their website they specifically state that Symantec Ghost will not work on RAID. I have to read Acronis's specifications. Has anyone been able to do incremental backups with RAID 5?

I think what your looking for is more of a bare metal restore product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back