Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to link a main report and a subreport with a formula fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

akinia

Programmer
Nov 23, 2000
BE
Hi everybody !

I'm using CR 6.0.1.135 and I'm trying to link a main report and some subreports with the same formula field on each.
The problem is that in the Subreport links windows, I see the formula field in the Report fields but not in the subreport fields.

Any solution will be great..

Thanks

Are you sure that both fields are the exact same data type? Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

I believe there is a store and fetch function. I have version 7 and they have replaced this with shared variables, I do remember I found something on the Seagate Knowledge Base about this, but it was for earlier versions. This probably did not help but I know for sure there is something on the Seagate site.
Greg

I'm not sure that you should be trying to link with 2 formulas, what I usually use in linking them together is to create a formula in the main report that gives me a result or value that matches something in the subreport. A basic example would be as follows:

I have a table that has an ID field that conatins case type information the 1st 3 charactors in the field is the case type abriviation the second table does not contain this field, but does contain a case type field.

Mainreport Subreport
Table1 Table2
Case# Casetype
axy114390 AXY

So I create a formula that extracts the first three charactors from {table1.Case#} field in the main report
//formula:
uppercase({Table1.Case#}[1 to 3])

and link that to {Table2.Casetype} field in the subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back