Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to have the same desktop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacoTechnology

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
AU
Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to control the layout and look of the desktop for all uses so everyones desjtop is the same.

If so where do I control this?

[google]Group Policies[/google]

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Yeah - when you create your new Group Policy Object, you'll find this function in:

USER CONFIGURATION > Windows Settings > Folder Redirection > Right-Click on "Desktop" and select Properties.

This same section is also good if you want to redirect everyone's my documents to say "\\server\users\username\username's documents".

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Although - I've just realised... this would just cover the shortcuts on the desktop. I don't think it would cover the background (say, if you wanted the company logo). Or would it? Anyone know?

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys.

Yes I would be interested to know where to find the back ground settings so that I can have the company logo displayed.

You'll find it if you dig around in Group Policy. You want to open an MMC and then load the Group Policy Management Console and the Group Policy Object Editor. Then you'll need to bring some knowledge about Group Policy with you and create a new policy (don't amend an existing one) with the settings you want to make.

It's too much to teach GP in this forum. Either pick up Jeremy Moskowitz' book on it, or research it online. There's some real complexity there.

Dave Shackelford
MCSE, CCNA, Microsoft MVP: Exchange
Shackelford Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back