Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to have a range of numbers in a formula? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Melan

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
US
I have a formula that counts a size value & quantity for a certain month. I7 is the month cell, K7 is the quantity value for the size.
The following formula works if the cell value is static. =COUNTIFS(K7,"4",I7,10)*K7 Is it possible to have a range of numbers in the formula from 1 to 100? I have tried searching Google, but every answer is counting cells, & nothing about a range of numbers in a formula.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have a better understanding about single cell arrays, with a number range. I do understand that arrays will show the first number in the array. I am still struggling about how to combine this simple array formula =ROW(INDIRECT("1:10")), with my previous formula =COUNTIFS(K7,"4",I7,10)*K7. I will keep working towards a solution.

Can’t see what’s on your sheet.

Exactly what value is in I2 and K2?

Where is your Row(Indirect(“1:10”)) formula? Where is that referenced in your Countifs formula?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

Answer 1. K7 is cell that generates the quantity from the raw data, I7 is the cell that generates the month from the raw data. The 4 is a static number I entered.
Answer 2. Row(Indirect(“1:10”)) formula is one that I was playing with to understand arrays.

I know that there is a lot I don't about arrays, I still have to learn. This is my first time with Arrays.

mintjulep First I want to thank you for being so understanding with me & not giving me the answer, but making me hunt. I researched my work sheet, & I had used a an array, but did not understand it. A friend gave me the formula, but did not explain it. her is a short version of the formula. =SUM(COUNTIFS(K7,{"1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9","10","11","12","13","14","15","16","17","18","19","20","21","22","23","24"}))*E7

K7 is cell that generates the quantity from the raw data"

That's really helpful, explaining "exactly" what is in K7.

"I7 is the cell that generates the month from the raw data"

Another really, really helpful insight into the value in I7.

That obviously clarifies the question that otherwise was obfuscated. Now we all know, because you’ve made it perfectly clear.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back