Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is it possible to ha ve alt routing on Clan? Need to temp out clan crd

Status
Not open for further replies.

klamm49

Technical User
Oct 21, 2010
US
I am working with an Avaya Definity g3v9,which we currently have two clans and two medpro cards installed. I need to bring down one medpro and one clan card to move them to a different network connection. The hospital operators and other ip devices connect to the clan card and medpro cards that I need to move. I am not sure, but was wondering if it is possible to have alternate routing to the other clan and medpro card to prevent the devices from going down?

I am a newbee with the Avaya system, however I do have experience with Nortel.

I appreciate any suggestion/ solutions to this problem.

Thanks in advanced!

Todd

you can campon-busyout one of the medpro boards, onces it's fully busied then you can pull it.
If you have devices hard-coded to the clan board they may be lost. IP Phones should shift pretty seamlessly to the alternate board.

When the phones do move to the other CLAN, they will go out-of-service briefly while they re-register. Also keep in mind, each CLAN is capable of supporting 440 endpoints (but best practices shouldn't exceed 400), so if your total environment is going to exceed that - you may want an alternate plan...

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back