Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to go back to W98 from ME easily ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack2003

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
US
We loaded ME upgrade over W98 about a year ago, and computer has started having many problems (hangs, freezes, certain software/hardware won't install or no longer works/frequent scandisks on reboots, etc.)
Would like to go back to W98, but my wife cannot remember if she elected to save those files when prompted during the upgrade - but I have noticed an "Uninstall Millenium" in the remove folders listing, and also some large (140 Mg) files (undo dat?) from around the time of the upgrade.
Is there a way to verify if she saved those files in order to go back to W98 easily - or dreadfully - do I have to format and total re-install W98?
Thanks.

Honestly, a clean install is always better, certainly after a year.
Should you wish to try, go ahead with the Uninstall, but BACK-UP FIRST, I wouldn't want trouble with your wife ;-) If the solution is here, let us know it was helpful so others can benefit from it as too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back