Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to get remote access using PCAnywhere 10.0 with Linksys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internetor

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2003
US
I have PCAnywhere version 10.0 running on Windows 2000 server and on some remote computers running either Windows 2000 or Windows 98. The router being used is a Linksys BEFSR41, with NAT of course. After getting a "Unable to attach to specified device" communications error, When I remotely view the incoming log table on the router...to my surprise I see my pc IP address as the Source IP and 5631 and 5632 as the Destination Port Numbers. Obviously, it is getting to the router but for some reason it stops there at the firewall.

I am using a static IP for the WAN and port forwarding is enabled as well as port triggering. I even disabled DMZ just to see if it would work...but it did not. Is there anything else I can do to get it to work for secure remote access?

Forwarding ports 5631 TCP and 5632 UDP to the remote machine should be enough. Do you have any firewall on the client end? The same ports are required on both ends. Also see the many discussions in forum595.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back