Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to get individual images from powerpoint and save them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvdba

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2008
US
Hi.
i have a powerpoint file (.ppt) that contains several photos. is it possible to save these photos as individual files?
thanks.

you can save the ppt as Web Page (*.htm, *.html) and then take the photos from the directory.

I do not recall in older versions, but in PPT2007 you can right click on an image and 'Save as Picture'

thanks, fisheromacse.
i have tried right clicking on the pics, but they only stay for a few seconds and go to the next one.
what i may be able to do is use Alt+PrtScr to capture each image and go to ms-paint and paste it and save it. i found out that when you lose focus from the ppt app, the picture stays until you focus on it again.
thanks.

are you opening the file with Powerpoint?
or with a viewer?
or is it a powerpoint show?

with powerpoint viewer.

You'll need to open it with Powerpoint, and not the viewer. so you can access the actual contents of the presentation instead of just watching the slide show.

Either that, or try using Alt + Print Screen or just Print Screen button on your keyboard and then pasting the captured image into your Image editor of choice.

However I wonder if the author of the presentation would take kindly to having his/her images ripped off.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

i agree with Phil.

the other option would be to try OpenOffice/Impress to open the ppt file and attempt to export (?)'borrow'(?) the images that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back