Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to export cast member(swf file) from dir file??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akilah

Technical User
Jan 7, 2009
UZ
Hallo there,
I have a problem, I am currently trying to correct some mistakes done by another person, and unfortunately I don't have all the source code I need, in this case .fla... Moreover I am new to director... Now, what is left for me to do, is somehow export swf from dir file, and then decompile swf to fla... Plz I need help urgently!
Thanks in advance...

its easy!... here is what shall you do man!

use Swifty Xena

this tools will decompile EXE to DXR, and also it will bring swf members out of dxr files or dir files!, then use SWF Decompiler to get the FLA files,

another way! :

i understand that a DXR file should be locked and prevented from changes. But I really need to modify the contents of this file by loading it again as a DIR file. I've grab this script somewhere which will perform the above requirements. However this script contains some error.

SCRIPT:
===============================
Here is the Lingo script that should be put in frame one of a projector:

on exitframe
set dxrFile=fileio(mnew,"?read","dxr")
if objectp(dxrFile) then
set newpath=dxrFile(mfilename)
dxrFile(mdispose)
go frame 1 of movie dxrFile -- must be running from a projector
saveMovie "unDXR.dir"
end if
end

This is supposed to give you a normal director file called "unDXR.dir" with
empty script castmembers.

Thanks for the information, but you know I tried this one before, and it didn't work I guess because swf was exported in CS version, while on the site it says "this version will not extract SWF files version 5 and above"... If that is possible, please suggest me the other way... Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back