Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to e-mail a report from within itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurymik

Programmer
Mar 23, 2005
US
Using crystal reports XI and BOXI Enterprise

The dream:

I have a Purchase Order report...The vendor happens to have an e-mail address. After creating my report and viewing it for accurracy I want to e-mail the report to this vendor if they have an e-mail address. Not all vendors in my system have e-mail addresses.

I know I can create an e-mail message with an e-mail hyperlink... but is it possible to create the e-mail message with the Purchase Order report I was just viewing (or even another instance) as an attachment using the e-mail hyperlink?

I have done a lot of things with creating e-mail lists, subject lines and even the body of the report. But if I could open up the e-mail and include an attachment from viewing a crystal report, then we would have something.

Unfortunately other third party or custom coding outside of the Crystal Reports or BOXI environment won't work in my corporately secured company.

Anything is possible with software. Just need to decide how much time and money you need to do it.

I have developed a SendMail User Function Library. It can send email messages from formulas in any section of a report.

You can download a trial version from our web site. Contact me after you've done that and I can help with the required report changes.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

chelseatech

Thanks, but unfortunately I cannot even install a third party app without going through a week of intense interrogation by IS Management followed by a ROI evaluation and the agreement of 6 co-developers saying they would most likely use the functionality... OK maybe not quite that bad, but you probably get the picture. I am stuck with what I have... I do have Live Office though. hmmm

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back