Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is it possible to disable user logon scripts with citrix???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjinmind

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2001
SE
Hi!

Is it possible to disable ther usual logon scripts a user runs when logging on through TS or Citrix?

Cause is that the users accounts have kix-scripts with loads and loads of checks running.
When a user logs on a Citrix box to run a published app it is unnecessary to run these scripts.

So my question is if it is possible to disable the logon script when the logon occurs through Terminal services.

Cheers,
Chris

logon scripts are a process of the domain/ logon process. Beleive me, I would love to see a "terminal server script" option in usrmgr or dsa.msc.

About all you can do is modify the script itself to exit if it encounters the machine name of the TS server(s).

Chris,

We have exactly the same setup here (kix scripts etc) and we've set it up with this as the first line in the login script;

IF NOT "%SessionName%" == "" IF NOT "%SessionName%" == "Console" GOTO end

Basically this is saying - if it's a Terminal server then skip the whole nine yards.

;-)

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other human invention in history...with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."

-Mitch Ratcliffe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back