Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is it possible to disable the greeting played by CallPilot BCM400 ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optman

Technical User
Apr 14, 2011
MA
Hi all

we have a customer that is runing BCM400 Rls4.0, we have enable the CallPilot application to answer incoming calls after 3 rings..by applying greeting table1 that have greeting 1 recorded by the customer (welcome to ....please record your voice message)then followed by CCR1 (with home mailbox)..the problem is after this greeting recorded by customer we hear also another greeting of the system (user unreachable, after the bip record your message..).

the question is how to disable the greetings played by the system and lets only thoses recorded by the customer ?

Thanks

Regards

If I understand your request - try the following:
Access the Call Pilot
Press AA
Press 1
TT Gate: (change this setting to NONE)

thanks
by I mean the disabling of all default prompts played by callpilot system and let only the greetings customized by user.

is it possible ?

Thanks

You need to give more detailed on how its programmed.
Sounds like its going to some phone that does not have a mailbox or F982 has Attendant as not available or something.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

we have configure AA table as well with CCR that contain only mailbox home, all work fine...the only problem is disabling announcements played by CP after our customized greetings.
we need to play only greetings uploaded to the CP, not the default one..;

In the table near the bottom is a Custom AA, record slience in the greeting and after their announcement it wont play.
But if it is any other canned greeting then you can't turn it off.

The only way to get rid of it is to simply record a few seconds on silence under the AA prompt. I do this on every install and just cup my hand over the mouth piece of the handset and press rec then wait a few secs and hit ok. Then you can do a test call and you will find out the canned message will be gone at the end...

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

user unreachable, after the bip record your message..)."

This does not sound accurate but does sound like and ext/DN has lines ringing at it but has no mailbox.
Change lines to appear only or remove the Forward No Answer to vmail setting.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back