Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to develope Windows 8 Phone apps without VS2012 and Windows 8 OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougP

MIS
Dec 13, 1999
US
I know there is a Windows Phone Development forum but the 4 posts are unanswered so I thought I would ask here?
I have a Windows 8 Phone and want to make apps but don't have the $$$$ to move get VS2012 and Windows 8 OS.

TIA

DougP

Might be better off here?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

As far as I know Visual Studio is required to build and deploy the Apps, though the actual coding depending on your language of choice can be done elsewhere.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

You could use the express version of Visual Studio for Windows Phone. 2010 will run on Windows7, 2012 needs Windows8.

I found out the hangup is the windows phone 8 SDK will not install on anything but Winodws 8. there are hacks but ???
So if you get 2012 on win 7 you are'nt going to be able to use it to make '8 phone apps with out the SDK?

DougP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back