Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to demote a BDC to a member server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gacollier

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2004
US
Does anyone know if it's possible to demote an NT 4.0 BDC to just a member server?

My full problem is this... I'm currently in the throws of upgrading an NT 4.0 domain to 2000 AD. I'm currently in mixed mode and have one BDC left on the network. Unfortunatley this server is fairly old, and doesn't have the disk space to make the 2000 upgrade. I wouldn't have a problem just chucking the system, but it runs an H.323 gatekeeper for inter-company VOIP. Taking it offline completly isn't an option I want to use. If I could just demote it to a member server I could make the switch to native mode.

Any thoughts?

Found it. UPromote seems to be a software package that will allow me to demote a BDC to a stand alone server.

anyone care to let me use a serial number for upromote i only need to use it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back