Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to call an external number from Auto attendant Option 61C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2004
US
Is it possible to program my auto attendant so when lets say Key 6 is pressed it dials an external number? I know how to add it in the Voice Menu but it only works for extensions.

Meridian Mail Option 61C

As long as your voice mail agents have a high enough NCOS to make the call then yes.

Thanks for the reply. The scenario is this. Customers call an 800 line and get the auto attendant. We want to make it so when Key 6 is pressed that it will dial the entry that I put in a Voice menu

Ex: CL 919785551212

We want the call to actually leave our company to another number

Is there something I need to do in Meridian Mail to allow this?

Wow, you still have Meridian Mail? That takes me back several years. Besides the NCOS on the Mail Agents you will have to allow the number in the RPL List. I certainly cant remember how to do the RPL List though. That is Restriction/Permission Lists

you could built acd dummy que and nigh call forward to number external or built phantom port cfxa in cls of service if the number matches thru dial list then you are set or add option to transfer to the internal number

What tball1 is referencing is the safest thing to do. Then you aren't allowing through dial directly to an external number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back