Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to calculate a distinct average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trixiegrrl

Programmer
Jul 31, 2008
US
Here is what I am trying to do:

I am trying to showing trending averages of MDs who came on staff in 2007, 2008, and 2009 in regards to their ages. So, I have a few fields that are importrant here. I have Current Status, Status From, and Historical Status, and Historical Status From.

The problem is, that an MD can come on staff as active, but then can go on suspension for a few days, then come back as active. This would then count this MD twice if I were to calculate an average based upon this field value being active. Is it possible to do this with a manual running total and or variable so this person's age would only get counted in the average once? Any ideas on this would be much appreciated! Thanks.

I figured it out with a Running Total and sorting! Too bad I can't delete my post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back