Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to bottleneck incoming calls at the CDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGremlins

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
CA
I have several toll free numbers sharing a route on the PBX. I would like to create a bottleneck at the CDN level if at all possible. My goal is to ensure that one toll free number does not use up all the channels.

I do have Meridian Opt 61C r25.4, with Symposium 4.2.
I know how to design a script to limit the number of calls, however, would like to see if it can be done at the CDN level.

If the calls are hitting the CDNs then surely you are using up trunk already? You would need to throttle before it hits your switch.

Can your telco not build the route such that certain channels are reserved for certain toll free deliveries?

DD

i had a bad case of that at a major radio station once.. i took a dual pri card and patched it baqck to back, creating an outbound and an inbound pri.. then i could send an inbound dnis to that route, by build only 12 trunks in the route.. the station could have 100K people call 1800 and only the 1st 12 used outside trunks,, only the 12th was auto yes/atdn to the broadcast booth..

i know it's a work around but for call floods it kept my 4 inbound pri's from all hitting at the same time

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back