Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to auto-feed into IVR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toobusy

Technical User
Jul 23, 2002
NL
Hello everyone,

For a solution I will try to build, I would like to know if anybody could tell me if they have experience with the following:

I know that the Avaya IVR/Conversant can store pressed keys in a database, but can this be automated, for instance:

Someone's modem dials the extension 9002 in our Definity and reaches the IVR immediately. Is it possible to have the modem dial ...9002pp12345, where 12345 are each stored as 1 digit entries in the database? When a non-automated person calls the same number, it should play a message to ask for the first digit, then the next, etc.

TIA for your help!

Hi Toobusy
From my knowledge in the conversant 8 (about half a year) you can set the "Allow Interrupt" to true and then you can enter a string of digits and the system will "understand" them correctly
Hope it help
Eliav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back