Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IS it possible to add custom rings to Cisco Phones 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankejp

MIS
Nov 15, 2001
US
I was wondering if it was possible to add your own custom ring tones to Cisco IP phones. Has anyone tried to do this? And were you successful?

If so, is it possible for the new ring tone to be accessable to just 1 person or does it have to be global?

Thanks guys,

These are one of those projects that's fun to do. I just might have to work on this today. I take that these settings are for everyone then. We can't have certain ring tones available for certain people then, right?

Correct, there is no way to restrict a ring tone to an individual or group. Your best bet would be to put out a modified ring tone list, change it on the phone in question, and then change back to the original file. Both changes will require a restart of the TFTP service to take effect, as the service will cache files.

Thanks for all the help guys. I have done most of this. Pretty cool stuff. I will try the last suggestion later.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back