Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possib. to move Exchange webmail to a webserver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZRLA

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
DK
I have a W2K Small business server running and I wish to move the Exchange webmail function to a server running W2K server with Internet Information Server. I can't use the webmail function since my firewall doesn't support PAT.

So is it possible to host the Exchange Webmail site from a different server? Not the mailfunction but just the Webmail site.

Yes, it is possible, but you would need to get Exchange Advanced Server for the web portion. Would get very expensive quickly for a small organization, but ideal in many ways. Dan

Thanks for your answer.

But I think that it's way too expensive to buy Exchange Advanced Server for this single feature that I need.

I was wondering if it was possible to move the website anyway. If I exported the settings from my mailserver and imported it to my webserver. And changed the paths to point over to the mailserver.

It might not work but I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back