Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it Good to take certification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathiKrishna

Programmer
Mar 27, 2002
IN
hai
I am Software professional having 3+ years experience. I want to know whether it is necessary for me to take ANY CERTIFICATION, If so which certification ? I am currently working with client/server tech.
I am an Post Graduate in Computer Applications, and I am in search of a good job also
Do help me
Regards,
Mathi Krishna

KEEP SMILING TODAY AND ALWAYS

In your case where you have experience and a diploma I don't think that it is a pre-requisite for you to have a certification. You're in the field already.

But there is no harm in having a cert as an added flavoring.

I think certs are for people who are starting out so they can have their foot on the IT door. Zero exprience , no cert; why do you even apply.

If you want it, go for it. There are a lot of certs out there you just have to look into the correct one for you. Review them all.

The Microsoft ones are of course, Microsoft specific. There are certs like the A+, Network +, CIW, Internet +, etc that focus on a wide range of technology...

A certification will always help to get your resume noticed... It's all up to the hiring manager but some REQUIRE an MCSE or you never get a call.

Obviously you have an interest in learning more, so I would make a call to a training center near your house and explore the options available to you.

The big advantage of the MCSE is everyone knows what it is. Last year when I was changing jobs and I told people I was pursuing my CIW most of them asked what that was...

A+ and MCSE are always handy if you are going to be working in any type of support roll. The little MS logo on your resume will probably get you a few more call backs. CJ
- Paper MCSE in training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back