Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IS-IS routing info needed for BSCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

ISP
Mar 22, 2001
US
I've been preparing for my CCNP over the past 6 months, and the CCNP test 1 (BSCN) is now BSCI. I realize the only major difference between these two tests is the addition of IS-IS routing.

About a year ago I took a class at the Learning Tree (Reston, VA) titled "Implementing OSPF & BGP" It was a great class. I'm looking for any resources people might have that will help me understand the IS-IS routing protocol, and it's benefits compared to OSPF / EIGRP. Any thoughts?

Tx-- Rainman

Go to and download a free IS-IS chapter for both the prep book and the cert guide. I haven't read either myself. I'll get around to it one of these days. I studied IS-IS by reading the RFC. Not fun.

HI ,
If you want to pass the BSCI exam , go for the Todd Lammle book , but you need to read 100% line by line . You will get all Qests from that only . But for the knowledge , you need to go for the BSCI ciscopress IS-IS chapter .

Best of Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back