Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is is possible to recovery my data after repartition of HD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzeewadriver

Technical User
Mar 20, 2004
TZ
Again I need an help and advice on how solve this big and huge problem.

Currently my computer work with with WIN98Se, operate with FAT file system.Before win98se it work with WinNT workstation 4.0 which support NTFS file system, by that time my hard disk has two partitions in the ratio of 25% by 75% which means 25% for primary dos partition and 75% for extended dos partition.I installed Win 98se after delted the partition and created another partions in the ratio of 30% by 70% and fortated the partition with fat32 file system.The problem is whe winNT workstation 4.0 was used, there was a software used for data analysis (SPSS 9.0 for windows) in my computer, and i forgote to backup the data of that software because the folder of that software was located in the program file that why I forgot.So after formatted the hard disk all data concerning SPSS 9.0 for windows lost, and i discover this after almost three weeks after installing win98se and computer is already in use till now.So is it possible to recover back that data?

I' m waiting for yopur positive reply.

yours ahmed

No, sorry once you reformatted and repartitioned and installed something on top of it, there is nothing that can be recovered.

I am not an expert. But I thought there are forensic tools that permit you to "unformat" a drive and restorethe data files? Most people do not have these tools, but they can be had...

bithead9,
The only way to do that is if data blocks were not overwritten. Since he has installed a new os and repartitioned the drive and has used it for some time, there is no way to recover the data.

Yes, there are many Data and File recovery tools out there.
-
Just go to Google and search for Partition recovery or File Recovery Tools.
-
You may have to boot your Drive temporarily into NTFS or FAT 16 /32 whatever Mode you had it in, with these Tools.
-
Then, you can Mount a drive or backup media, and you can extract.
-
I used a external USB 2.0 Drive Case for twenty Bux and a old drive.
-
Remember, the more you continue to write to that DRIVE, the more you destroy of your OLD records.

Had an NT 4 box, needed to put XP on it. Had a database on it, and was told the backup was good for the DB. Turns out it wasn't, big fubar.

Box originally had 1 2gb partition 1 16gb partition, Fat32
Box now has 1 18 gb partition, NTFS

Anyone know specifically of any tools that can recover a file or two?

Thanks,
JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back