Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is IMS compatible with Exchange Server 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knguyent

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
US
Hello all,

My current network configuration:
* Windows 2000 server
* Exchange 2003 (the only 2003 server)
* IP Office 3.0
* Outlook XP, Outlook 2003

I'm trying to setup Integrated Messaging System (IMS). I followed the procedures from IMS Installation documentation from Avaya as follow:
* Exchange and Voicemail are working.
* Installed IMS Voice Service on the same server as the Voice Mail Pro server.
* Installed IMS Gateway Service and Database Service on a different server.
* Installed IMS client

When I open Outlook on the IMS client Workstation. It asks for User Name and Password. Doesn't matter what account I entered, I couldn't login. Can someone tell me what's going on?

yes it does work, I have it set up in the llab, but if you have SP1 on the 2003 server, due to the extra security and pop up blockers etc , bloody nightmare there is a lot of frigging around. but yes it works!!

On the user name and password just enter the extn no...avaya cock up!!

[lightsaber]

I can't remember exact details but a recent Techbull mentioned something about not supporting "cache mode" but that this would be corrected by the forthcoming maintenance release of VMPro.

Thank you for the information. Yes, my server is Exchange 2003 with SP1 and running cache mode. Still can't get IMS to work. I guess I'll keep trying.

Found the note, its in TechTip 80. Voicemail Pro 3.0 GA does not support cache mode.

They say it will be fixed in the next maintenance release, but looking through the documentation for the recent maintenance release (VMpro 3.0(15)) I can't find any mention of it as a resolved issue. Looks like a case of chasing Avaya for when this 'known issue' will be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back