Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is everyone giving up XP in April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
OR how hard do I push customers/relatives to get off XP by end-of-support?????
Link

I never really thought that the baddies would reverse-engineer the patches for Windows 7 because the vulnerabilities fixed might apply to Windows XP. Figured they would have to come up with new ones, but now both methods are ripe for development when XP is no longer patched.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Oops - wrong spot. Can someone move or whack this thread?

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

I am getting weary of XP now that Windows 7 & 8.1 are here, they are so more advanced than XP, personal I will not miss it when it is finally phased out. Yes it has been a good system but time to go.

When they pry it out of my fingers. I will be making some changes, primarily standardizing what I have so one backup drive will serve as master for cloning any others needed. And that one (or 2) will be current with all patches.

I'm still on SE for some purposes and DOS for others so not panicked over loss of support.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back