Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Eudora for PCs the same as for Macs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patth9

MIS
Aug 13, 2002
US
I've been enjoying Eudora as a Mac user for almost 10 years. I am trying to talk a friend of mine into using Eudora too as a PC user. Is the format for Eudora the same for Pcs as for Macs? I need to be able to help her, and if the setting option, for instance is very different I need to know this. Thanks for any help you folks can offer.

Patt

they are slightly different, but similar enough that you can probably help her. JL Filler,Wilton Public Schools, Wilton CT

Thank you very much, JL, this helps a lot.

I just realized that there is still something I need to know so that I can help my friend.

Understand, I know nothing about MS Windows. Assuming she downloads Eudora, what are the next steps for her to type in the phone number to connect to her ISP? She is already connected to Juno by a modem, but I'm doubting that she will remember where in the operating system she needs to type in the connecting phone number. On my Mac, I would type the phone number in the control panel, Remote Access. But what does she do? Can you tell me such as step 1> 2> 3>?

Many Appreciations,

Patt

If she is already connected to Juno by modem, she doesn't need to connect again. She can just open Eudora and the first time it will ask to configure. She'll need her email name, her email POP server (mail.somewhere.com) and her SMTP server (usually same as the POP server) JL Filler,Wilton Public Schools, Wilton CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back