Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is direct upgrade possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jephph

Technical User
Nov 9, 2004
US
Have a 1002rp running Rel 4 and have ordered a new 1006R server with Rel 5. Question is: do I need to upgrade the 1002rp to Rel 5, then migrate to the 1006r -- or can I backup the 1002rp while it's on Rel 4 and take those backup files and restore them to the 1006r running Rel 5?
I can't seem to find any documentation that addresses this scenario. Any info would be helpful.

checkout the migration path....do you have any access ports for symposium/cc6/7

As a note, we took the 1002rp to the 1005 and all I did was to patch the 1002rp fully. Then ran the upgrade wizard on the 1002rp and restored the database on the 1005. I haven't really read the documentation on the 1006R so I don't think you need to step the upgrade.

If you did they would have received a warning on the Configurator Report when they created your quote.

tekice -
No, I don't have any symp/cc access ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back