Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Delphi the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrrrr12345

Programmer
Jul 2, 2002
GB
Hi all,

Is Delphi the language to produce GUI applications? How is it compared with C++, QuickTime or VB, etc?

I am about to develope something that the code must interface in an open way to standard windows software (DLL or Active X), is Delphi the best at doing these kind of stuff?

All comments are welcome,
Roger

Delphi is better and faster than vb and easier than c++, and you can do all that you mentioned amd more..

Did you know that the activeX Controls so extensively used by VB can not be produced in VB? Steven van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

The best! It's also portable to unix via kylix. I don't think you can create .dll with vb.

There are many things that you cannot do in VB. Recursion and dynamic memory are two of my favorite things to program and cannot be done in VB. (A lot of people have told me that I am sick for liking recursion as much as I do.) Discovering how to do those two led me out of the VB nightmare.

VB is a Yugo in the Indy-car race of compilers.

In terms of capability, Delphi can do virtually everything that C++ can do (the only exception I know of is that it can't make a device driver.) and it can do it a *LOT* easier. I don't know Quicktime to make a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back