Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Crystal Reports for BEST limited to Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debnla

Vendor
Mar 5, 2007
US
We have MAS500 (SQL platform) and it comes with Crystal Reports 8.5 for Best. When I try to create a new report and add tables from another SQL database, I get a DLL or ODBC error with no explaination and it will not work. The table in the other SQL database has the exact same datatype on the field I need to link to in the MAS500 database.

If I only use tables in the MAS500 database, even view tables I created in the MAS500 database, it will work.

I do not want to create my own table in the MAS500 database, but if this doesn't work, I may need to.

Why is it doing this? And is it because we have Crystal Reports "FOR BEST" ? Do we need to buy a full copy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Debnla,

I don't have a solution for you, but 'Best's' Crystal 8.5 is no different than Crystal 8.5 from Business Objects except for the Best name stamp.

Andy

Please post your error and the formula that is generating it if applicable.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the replies. It seems that the reason why my Crystal Reports do not work for users is because of the ODBC connection setup for BEST. BEST (Specifically MAS500)only allows for Crystal Reports to see the SQL tables it has setup. So if I create my own ODBC connection to MAS500 tables and then install this ODBC connection on any user that wants to use my reports, then it should work. I havent' tried this yet, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back