Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Cognos better than Crystal Enterprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonLandretti

Programmer
May 7, 2004
US
I haven't had much if any experience with Cognos and was wondering if anyone on the board has experience with both. I'm currently running Crystal Enterprise 9. The availability and reliability of the system is not what I would expect, and the customer support is poor. What is the cost for an installation that supports 900 users? Is the functionality similar? How is the support? Thank you for any information.

Jason

I'm new to Cognos, but I've had a lot of past experience with Crystal Enterprise. I can't really comment on the difference between the two other than say that Cognos appears to be simpler and less configurable, possibly leaving less room for human error. This is certainly true of Impromptu vs Crystal Reports.

Normally reliability problems with Crystal Enterprise result from a poorly configured installation, not enough processing power, or bandwidth, complex network security, stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back