Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is CLAN used for server management using ASA over port 5023 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomadmin12

Technical User
Apr 27, 2012
DE
I am using Avaya Site Administration to manage configurations on my 8700 servers on CM3.

I have two CLAN boards and want to make changes to one of them and move it to a different network segment.
I am wondering if CLAN is actually being used for ASA management over port 5023?
Just making sure I am not locking myself out if I change the CLAN IP remotely.

There is no SAT connection defined in ip-services.

Probably not. On the old servers that went in a card slot and had no IP addresses, then yeah, you'd use a CLAN for it. But just check what IP you're going to in ASA - if it's the A or B server of the 8700 pair, then you can be sure you're not running on the CLANs

Now my second CLAN will be on a different subnet (new VLAN).
Do I have to also add the new IP range in ip-network-map and assign a new network-region to it?

It'll only be the CLAN card and one medpro that I need on that subnet to connect to a h323 trunk endpoint, no phones.

I think you specify the network region of a CLAN on the form for the ip-interface. You'll have to add a node nade for the gateway of that new subnet.

I'd suggest using a different NR because if you do have IP phones and they do register to the other CLAN and the two CLANs are in the same network region, CM will try to load balance registrations across all CLANs in the same NR. So if your original network was 192.168 in NR1 with 1 CLAN and you need to build a trunk with a CLAN and medpro in 172.16, if that new CLAN is in NR 1, you'll get problems.

Are you bridging two isolated IP networks with the trunk? Like, 1 CLAN and medrpo for your local IP phones and another of each for the remote trunk?

If so, and presuming you're in a single NR setup right now, I'd say have NR1 be your stuff, NR2 the new CLAN medpro, NR3 the IPs at the far end and NR3 reaches NR2 direct and NR3 reaches NR1 indirect through NR2 and that NRs 2 and 3 have no inter-region direct audio. That'll always make your IP phones pin on the medpro in NR1 and go out to the far end NR3 through the medpro in NR 2

I only have analog phones on my Avaya system, no IP phones.
It's trunked to an IP PBX, which has been moved to a different VLAN.
So I will use a new network region with my clan/medpro on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back