Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is CallPilotBRU usable on Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos.

Technical User
Feb 12, 2021
US
The person who was long responsible for the Nortel system retired at the end of January.

He had an old HP laptop running Windows XP that had all the software he used with the Nortel.

When he retired he gave the computer to HR who was supposed to give it to me, instead they gave it to the outsourced IT vendor who sent it to recycling.

So now I sit here using my office PC, a Dell Optiplex running Windows 10 Pro and I am finding that the CallPilot BRU process freezes about a third of the way through when the backup folder is approximately 1MB in size. If I end the process and restart the application will offer to start over from the point it failed and from there the progress bar will go quite a bit further but the folder doesn't actually grow.

The Windows 10 compatibility wizard set the application to run in Windows SP3.

Running as an administrator makes no difference, turning off the Windows firewall makes no difference.

Why we’re still using this system in 2021 is a long story that boils down to a Shoretel upgrade a decade ago left the senior management so angry that nobody is willing to touch that third rail as everyone involved in the Shoretel project got fired.

When posting please mention which version Callpilot you are running (or phone system in other forums)
BRU is available for Callpilot 100 or 150 and Flashtalk 3.0

It's actually the file that should grow, not the folder so go inside the folder and refresh it while it's working.
Note I have never done that before but I am sure I have seen instances with other situations/files/softwares where you may not see any size until the download completes.

As for Windows 10 having a compatibility wizard maybe that's something new....to me.
Try the old way by selecting properties on the file and then Compatibility Tab and in the Compatibility Box and try XP or Windows 7.

Note that the hangs are normal and the process on the Callpilot 1xx can take up to 50 minutes, maybe more to complete.
There is one hang at about the 3 quarter mark, it will seem to be an eternity before it starts to move again.

Otherwise try using VirtualBox and install Windows XP & 7 on it.

You can still buy old laptops too.
I have been using the Panasonic CF-19 with XP on it for years so search for something like that.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I'm sorry, I had some difficultly logging back in here.

It's a CallPilot 100, it has the latest CallPilot 100/150 firmware. We configured BRU using the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter accessed by right-clicking on the application in Windows 10.

I have been able to successfully complete a single backup, which took about fifteen minutes and is 27MB in size. Subsequent attempts have failed even after spending a Saturday night letting it take however long as necessary.

Retired guy suggests swapping the compact flash card.

Fortunately there was a Ghost backup of the recycled laptop, we're trying to find a machine that will be bootable on.

Thanks for the update!

If the software card is corrupted then I would get a new 3.1 card (the last release and stable)and upgrade the current card.

-Power down the CP
-Insert the new 3.1 card into the 2nd/front/outer slot
-Power up the CP and wait for it to update the current software card to 3.1
You can hookup Putty to watch the upgrade process and wait for the "system ready" or wait about 10-15 minutes and see if you can log into F983.
-Once the upgrade is complete then power down the CP, remove your newly purchased card, power backup, check version (F983, login and press 9)

Test BRU

If same issue then power down and take out the newly upgraded old card (now 3.1) and replace it with the newly purchased 3.1 card and test BRU again.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back