Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Irritating click in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

judgehopkins

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
US
I am using IE 6.029xxx and when I mouse click on a link, I hear a click in my browser.

It doesn't do that in Firefox so I know it is an IE problem.

Anyway, how do I turn this sound off?

It is the start navigation sound in the control panel of Windows XP.

There are two guaranteed rules of success: First, never tell everything you know.

Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Sounds

Look for Windows Explorer/Start Navigation. Either remove the sound or change it to something that you find less annoying.

Thanks, xwb.

That's my point (which I guess I didn't make very clearly). The sound cannot just be deactivated or deleted ... unless there is something I am missing.

There is no way to remove the sound; I know I can modify it with another .wav file but I don't want ANY sound for this event.

Do you know how to do that?

There are two guaranteed rules of success: First, never tell everything you know.

In the dropdown where you change it the top choice is none USE IT.

The answer is "42"

Thanks, franklin97355 ...

Actually, it is just that one sound I want to get rid of and I don't want to create a whole new scheme.

Oh, well ...

I guess you can't have everything!

You don't have to create a new scheme: just apply it as the default scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back